When breaking this down, it is necessary to look at the dictionary...I know, I know, I am taking some of you back to school on this one but I wouldn't if it was not pertinent to the situation ( look that up while you are already using the dictionary). Okay, if you type in the word love, you get all kinds of results and when you look it up in the dictionary, you get many meanings. So now the real question is, how can we define love?
To many different people, love has many different meanings. What one may constitute as love, is not love to another. Take for instance the idea that a man gets jealous and hits his woman, for whatever reason...she does not press charges because she feels that he loves her and if she press charges it will change things. This is not love, it is something totally different...there is an element of control and insecurity in the situation. Love is not about control but about being.
Love may take on many different forms and attributes but Love is what it is to any person at any given time. No two people tend to see love or feel love in the same way. I am a little biased on the subject myself, along with a lot of people, but at least I can admit to it. What I feel love should be is not what the next person may understand. I have an old soul and tend to express all things as such...not like a lot of these new age people. But I am just one person :)
To many different people, love has many different meanings. What one may constitute as love, is not love to another. Take for instance the idea that a man gets jealous and hits his woman, for whatever reason...she does not press charges because she feels that he loves her and if she press charges it will change things. This is not love, it is something totally different...there is an element of control and insecurity in the situation. Love is not about control but about being.
Love may take on many different forms and attributes but Love is what it is to any person at any given time. No two people tend to see love or feel love in the same way. I am a little biased on the subject myself, along with a lot of people, but at least I can admit to it. What I feel love should be is not what the next person may understand. I have an old soul and tend to express all things as such...not like a lot of these new age people. But I am just one person :)
No comments:
Post a Comment